Need a Moong Dal Ki Goli Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Moong Dal Ki Goli Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Moong Dal Ki Goli recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Moong Dal Ki Goli recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Moong Dal Ki Goli Recipe:
Moong Dal Ki Goli
200 gm moong dal with skin
2 Tbsp refined oil
1 Tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp garam masala powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tomato, diced
1/2 onion, diced
Salt to taste
For the masala:
1 tomato, diced
1 onion, diced
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp garlic, finely chopped
1/2 tsp ginger, finely chopped
1 green chill, chopped
2 Tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
Salt to taste
1. Soak the dal in water for two hours.
2. Grind the dal into a smooth batter with the ginger-garlic paste, salt to taste, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, and a dash of water.
3. Heat one tbsp of oil in a pan and add the dal batter and keep stirring for a few mins till it thickens slightly.
4. Now add 1/2 tomato, onion, chopped garlic and ginger. Stir again till it becomes a sticky mixture.
5. Once the mixture is cool enough, roll small amounts of it into medium sized balls or ‘golis.’
6. To prepare the masala, heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan and add the onion, tomato, garlic and ginger. Sprinkle the turmeric powder, red chilli powder and sauté for 2-3 mins. Then add the coriander leaves, green chilli and a dash of water. Mix well.
7. Once the gravy thickens, gently place the moong dal golis in the masala and cook for a 5-7 mins.
8. Mix well and serve hot.