Need a Lachha Paratha Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Lachha Paratha Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Lachha Paratha recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Lachha Paratha recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Lachha Paratha Recipe:
1 cup whole wheat flour (atta)
1 teaspoon oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
Approx.1/2 cup water lukewarm
1/4 cup whole wheat flour (atta) to help rolling
Approx. 2 tablespoons oil for cooking
1. Combine flour and salt. Make soft dough using water and leave aside.
2. Combine 1 tbsp of flour with 3 tbsp of ghee and leave aside.
3. Take the dough and divide it into equal-sized balls.
4. Now again divide each ball into two.
5. Roll out each portion into a long, finger shaped noodle.
6. Give the first portion a spiral shape.
7. Apply little flour on a rolling surface and gently roll out the spiral into a circle of about five inch diameter.
8. Smear the top with the flour-ghee mixture.
9. Repeat the procedure for the next portion and put it over the first circle.
10. Place a flat pan on medium flame.
11. Place the paratha on the pan. Fry and flip after 30 seconds.
12. Apply little ghee on the surface and flip again.
13. Apply ghee on exposed side and fry the paratha till crispy and golden brown.
14. Lachcha Paratha is ready.