Need a Bengali Fish Fry Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Bengali Fish Fry Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Bengali Fish Fry recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Bengali Fish Fry recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Bengali Fish Fry Recipe:
Bengali Fish Fry
800 gms White-Fleshed Fish
1/2 tsp Ground Turmeric
1/2 tsp Salt
2/3 Mustard Oil
1 tbsp Grounded Coriander Seeds
1 tsp Grounded Cumin Seeds
1 1/2 tsp Ginger (finely grated)
1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Kalonji
4 Dried Whole Red Chillies
2 Bay Leaves
1 large Onion (peeled and chopped)
3 Whole Green Chillies
1. Cut the fillets in about 4cm size.
2. Rub the fish with turmeric and salt and set aside for 10-15 minutes.
3. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium flame.
4. Put in the fish pieces and brown lightly on all sides.
5. Gently lift the fish out of the oil and put it on a plate. Turn off the heat.
6. Combine the ground coriander seeds, the cumin, ginger, 1 tsp turmeric,chilli powder (cayenne pepper) and 1/2 tsp of salt in a small bowl.
7. Add 3 tbsp of water and mix.
8. Left only 5/6 tbsp of oil in the frying pan and heat it over a medium flame.
9. Now add kalonji and after a few seconds later, put in the red chillies.
10. As soon as they darken a bit, put in the bay leaves.
11. When the bay leaves start to darken, put in the onion, stir and fry the onion at low heat.
12. Add the spice paste. Stir and fry it for about 1 minute.
13. Now put in the fish in a single layer in a pan with 1 cup of water.
14. Lay the green chillies over the fish.
15. Simmer over a medium heat for 2 minutes.
16. Spoon the sauce over the fish pieces, cover it and cook the fish for 10-15 minutes.