Not sure whether to eat Dates or not? Well, the facts listed below might just help to conclude better. There are many surprising health benefits of eating Dates. Some are known and there is plenty that is unknown. So, let’s find out how eating Dates on daily basis can help you improve your health and fitness.
A Little about Dates
Dates are something which has been cultivated since 6000 B.C. It is a kind of a sweetest and a tiny brown colored shiny fruit which is satisfyingly chewy and flavorful with a pit or a seed at the center, grown and available all over the globe which comes in many different varieties. dates can be eaten fresh or in a dried way. Whether fresh or dry, the health benefits of dates are just as plentiful.
Nutritional Content of Dates
The following nutritional data outlines some of the key nutrients found in dates and is based on a 100g serving of the fruit.
- Fiber– 6.7 grams-Fiber promotes the movement of material through your digestive system and increases stool bulk, so it can be of benefit to those who struggle with constipation or irregular stools
- Potassium– 696 milligrams-Getting enough of potassium can help your heart in many ways: Better blood pressure: A diet high in fruits, vegetables, and fat-free or low-fat dairy foods can help cut systolic blood pressure by more than 10 points in people with high blood pressure.
- Copper– 0.4 milligrams-Copper is an essential trace mineral necessary for survival. It is found in all body tissues and plays a role in making red blood cells and maintaining nerve cells and the immune system. It also helps the body form collagen and absorb iron, and plays a role in energy production.
- Manganese– 0.3 milligrams-Manganese helps the body form connective tissue, bones, blood clotting factors, and sex hormones. It also plays a role in fat and carbohydrate metabolism, calcium absorption, and blood sugar regulation. Manganese is also necessary for normal brain and nerve function.
- Magnesium– 54 milligrams-Magnesium’s benefits can include reduced symptoms from conditions such as chronic pain, fatigue, and insomnia. Magnesium may also provide protection from a number of chronic diseases, especially those associated with aging and stress.
- Vitamin B6– 0.2 milligrams-Vitamin B6 in your diet is of great significance. This water-soluble vitamin is helpful in treating a vast number of problems related to the heart and skin, as well as depression, fatigue, the nervous system and much more.
Health Benefits of Eating Dates
Dates consist a number of minerals, vitamins, and health-benefiting phytonutrients in dates, suffice it to say there are a lot of them. First and foremost, they’re easily digested, allowing your body to make full use of their goodness.The dietary fibers in dates help the waste to move smoothly. Dates are rich in Potassium having 1% in each date, six dates give us 6% of potassium as the daily requirement of human body.Dates are also rich in magnesium and Antioxidants Eating dates will also enrich your body with minerals like phosphorus, zinc, magnesium, calcium, potassium, and iron.
- Aids constipation-Dates are often categorized as a laxative food. This is why they are so frequently eaten by people suffering from constipation. In order to achieve the desired laxative effect of dates, soak some of them in water overnight, then consume in the morning when they turn into a syrup to get the most optimal results.
- Improves digestion-The insoluble and soluble fiber found in dates help to clean out the gastrointestinal system, allowing the colon to work at greater levels of efficiency which improves digestion.
- Increases hemoglobin-Dates have a high mineral content, which is beneficial for many different health conditions but their impressive levels of iron make them a perfect dietary supplement for people suffering from anemia. The high level of iron in dates balances out the inherent lack of iron in anemic patients, increasing energy and strength while decreasing feelings of fatigue and sluggishness.
- Improves bone health-The significant amounts of minerals found in dates make them a superfood for strengthening bones and fighting off painful and debilitating diseases like osteoporosis. Dates contain selenium manganese, copper, and magnesium, all of which are integral to healthy bone development and strength, particularly as people age, their bones gradually weaken. So eat dates and give a boost to your bones.
- Boosts energy-Dates are high in natural sugars like glucose, fructose, and sucrose. Therefore, they are the perfect snack for an immediate burst of energy. Many people around the world eat dates for a quick afternoon snack when they are feeling lethargic or sluggish
- Cure allergies-One of the most interesting facets of dates is the presence of organic sulfur in them. This is not a very common element to find in foods, but it does have a worthwhile amount of health benefits, including the reduction of allergic reactions and seasonal allergies.
- Maintains heart health-Dates are quite helpful in keeping your heart healthy. When they are soaked overnight, crushed in the morning and then consumed, they have been shown to have a positive effect on weak hearts.
- Treats diarrhoea-Ripe dates contain potassium, which is known as an effective way of controlling diarrhea. They are also easy to digest, which further helps alleviate the unpredictable nature of chronic diarrhea.
- Prevents abdominal cancer-Research has pointed towards dates being a legitimate way to reduce the risk and impact of abdominal cancer.
- Promotes weight gain-Dates should be included as a part of a healthy diet. They consist of sugar, proteins, and many essential vitamins which help you to gain weight.
- Improves intestinal health-The nicotine content in dates is thought to be beneficial for curing many kinds of intestinal disorders. Continuous intake helps to inhibit the growth of the pathological organisms and thus, they help stimulate the growth of friendly bacteria in the intestines. In terms of digestive issues, they contain insoluble and soluble fibers, as well as many beneficial amino acids which can stimulate the digestion of food and make them more efficient, meaning that more nutrients will be absorbed by the digestive tract and enter your body for proper usage.
- Treats intoxication-Dates are commonly used as a remedy for alcoholic intoxication. They provide quick relief and have a sobering effect in case you feel as though you have consumed an uncomfortable amount of alcohol. They can also be used the following morning to prevent severe hangovers. Again, they should be rubbed and soaked overnight for the best results.
- Maintains healthy skin– Dates also help in maintaining healthy and glowing skin.
Health Benefits of Dates Syrup
- Research suggests that date syrup might be more than a tasty marinade, and could actually contain chemical compounds that help ward off a number of bacterial infections.
- Date syrup can be used as a sugar alternative.
- This syrup has an excellent iron content which helps cure anemia.
- Dates syrup is an excellent immunity booster.
- Dates syrup helps in weight gain and healthy weight.
Health Benefits of Dates Milkshake
- Dates when taken with milk help cure insomnia.
- Dates and milk are a great cure for anemia due to the high iron content in them.
- Dates are great energy boosters as they contain natural sugars like glucose, sucrose, and fructose. To get more advantage add dates to milk and make it a very nutritious snack. Dates are very low in calories and are extremely suitable for health conscious people.
- Dates are rich in potassium and reduced in sodium. This helps regulate a healthy nervous system. Researchers have revealed the fact that potassium intake up to a certain extent can reduce risk of stroke
- It also helps people who often suffer from constipation.
- It helps to increase the sperm count in men and also increases the stamina.
Consume Dates daily and help yourself to maintain a healthy and a fit life free of diseases.