Not sure whether to eat almonds or not? Well, the facts listed below might just help you to conclude better. Fortunately, the delicately flavored and versatile almond is available throughout the year to make a healthy and tasty addition to both sweet and savory dishes. Today, almonds nutrition benefits are praised around the world, and they are used in numerous different ways, eaten raw as a healthy snack. There are many health benefits associated with almond, some we know and there are plenty we don’t. So let’s quickly check are almonds good for you?
Health Benefits of Almonds
- Almonds help to lower the body cholesterol-Almonds are a good resource of monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats, which facilitate in lowering bad cholesterol.
- Almonds prevent cancer-The fiber present in almonds helps in detoxifying the body. It enables food to move through the digestive system more efficiently. This process cleanses the digestive system. Therefore, almonds can be listed under foods that prevent colon cancer as they have high fiber content. Almonds are also an excellent reserve of vitamin E, Phytochemicals, and flavonoids, which controls the progression of breast cancer cells.
- Almonds control the blood sugar levels for the body-The study research suggests that almonds have the ability to decrease the after-meal escalation in blood sugar. Therefore, they assist in stabilizing blood sugar levels and offer protection from diabetes.
- Almost help boost your energy-Almonds are rich in manganese, riboflavin, and copper, all of which aid in manufacturing energy. If you are always on the go, try making your own almond energy bar, and take your power source with you.
- Almonds keep your bones and teeth healthy-Almonds are a good source of micronutrients such as calcium and phosphorus, which avert osteoporosis and strengthen our bones and teeth. Almonds also provide other nutrients that improve bone mineral density and strengthen the skeletal system.
- Almonds cure anemia-Almonds contain iron, copper, and vitamins which help in increasing the hemoglobin in the body and cures anemia.
- Almonds help in maintaining healthy weight-The calorie filled almond butter does not contribute to weight gain. On the contrary, it contributed to weight loss as the healthy fiber and high protein helped to make the stomach feel full.
- Acts as natural moisturiser-Almond are considered as a natural moisturizer and can easily give chemical laden moisturizers and serums a run for its money. Cleanse your face thoroughly and apply a few drops of oil to your face. Massage your skin in upward strokes including the eye area. Applying it daily will result in smoother and softer skin. Almond oil does not have a greasy effect and gets quickly absorbed into the skin. It also does not clog the pores.
- Acts as natural detoxifier-Detoxification is a crucial process, especially if you have recently gone through a binge-eating and partying phase. These events will definitely lead to a toxic formation in your body at an excessive rate, thus leading to a dwindling mood, stress, dull skin, lackluster hair and so on. As stated above, the toxic compounds of bitter almond oil will relieve your inner system from toxins. So, injecting bitter almond oil in a small dosage can bring greater results.
- Helps boost digestion-Almond milk contains secret traces of fiber. fiber is known for its digestion-enhancing benefits. Thus, almond milk eases the problem of indigestion largely. Increased digestion flushes unwanted and unhealthy toxins out of the human body system. This further increases the metabolic rate of the human body.
- Almonds for skin care-Have you ever used almond oil for skin? Almond oil is a brilliant moisturizer as it contains olein glyceride linoleic acid. It works to prevent acne, blackheads, as well as arid and prickly skin. It also provides vitamin E needed for healthy skin. It helps to bring a glow to your skin and also acts as a mild disinfectant for wounds. It is also used as a massage oil for growing children to aid in their muscle growth.
- Almonds prevent graying of hair-Almond oil is also very useful in treating all kinds of hair troubles. It helps to curb hair fall and dandruff and prevents graying of hair. It makes your hair silky and shiny too.
- Almonds for sharp memory-Almonds are one of the best natural sources to boost your memory and make it sharp.
- Almonds for healthy bones-As discussed almonds are very rich in all the essential vitamins and minerals they help in maintaining the bone health.
- Almonds support healthy brain function- They are considered as one of the best brain foods. Almonds contain riboflavin and L-carnitine, two key nutrients capable of positively affecting neurological activity and preventing cognitive decline. This is one reason why adults, especially the elderly, are encouraged to eat nuts several times per week since they are associated with a reduction in the risk for inflammation that can cause brain disorders including dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
As you all read so many incredible benefits of almonds, don’t forget to add a packet of almonds the next time you’re out getting groceries. Stay healthy. Stay happy.