Toyota Cars in India
In October 1997, A joint venture started between Toyota Motors and Kirloskar ans was named as Toyota Kirloskar Motors (TKM). The share holding of Totota Motors and Kirloskar Group are 89% and 11% respectively.
The company Toyota Kirloskar Motor Private Limited (TKMPL) vision stated in their mission statement “aims to play a major role in the development of the automotive industry and the creation of employment opportunities, not only through its dealer network, but also through ancillary industries with a business philosophy of ‘Putting Customer First’.”
Toyota entered the Indian Markets with Qualis. The company then ventured into the mid-size segment with the Camry. The Toyota Camry is a series of mid-size (originally compact) automobiles manufactured by Toyota since 1980, and sold in the majority of automotive markets throughout the world.In the United States, the Camry has been regularly the best selling car for the last decade, but has been outsold in some years. The Camry also sells very well in Australia, Canada, and a number of Asian markets – in particular Cambodia where the vast majority of cars are Camrys. Due to their comfort-tuned suspensions, most models of the Camry are regarded as less sporty than rival vehicles, with the exception of sports-oriented versions. Despite its international success, it has not sold as well in Europe, where sales ended in 2004, and the Avensis became the flagship model in 2002.
The Etios was originally called the EFC, or the Entry Family Car. Etios means Spirit and Principle which Toyota intends to give to its customers in India. More than 2000 engineers in India and Japan have worked in close collaboration for four years to ensure the perfect blend of local design sensibilities and unmatched global quality standards are integrated into the Etios.
Toyota Etios Variants
- Etios J – Sedan
- Etios G – Sedan
- Etios G Opt – Sedan
- Etios V – Sedan
- Etios VX – Sedan
Manufactured by Toyota Kirloskar Motor, Toyota Innova was launched in India in March 2005. In the process Toyota Innova replaced the ageing Toyota Qualis. Toyota Innova is essentially a MUV but it also carries with it the elegance of a sedan. Toyota Innova comes in both petrol and diesel engine.
Toyota Innova Variants
- Innova 2.5 EV MS 8 STR – SUV/MUV
- Innova 2.5 EV MS 7 STR – SUV/MUV
- Innova 2.5 EV MS 8 STR BS-IV – SUV/MUV
- Innova 2.5 EV MS 7 STR BS-IV – SUV/MUV
- Innova 2.5 EV PS 8 STR – SUV/MUV
- Innova 2.5 EV PS 7 STR – SUV/MUV
- Innova 2.0 G1 – SUV/MUV
- Innova 2.0 G1 BS-IV – SUV/MUV – 136bhp
- Innova 2.5 EV PS 8 STR BS-IV – SUV/MUV
- Innova 2.5 EV PS 7 STR BS-IV – SUV/MUV
- Innova 2.5 G1 – SUV/MUV
- Innova 2.5 G1 BS-IV – SUV/MUV
- Innova 2.0 GX 8 STR – SUV/MUV
- Innova 2.0 GX 8 STR BS-IV – SUV/MUV
- Innova 2.5 GX 7 STR – SUV/MUV
- Innova 2.5 GX 8 STR – SUV/MUV
- Innova 2.5 GX 7 STR BS-IV – SUV/MUV
- Innova 2.5 GX 8 STR BS-IV – SUV/MUV
- Innova 2.0 VX 8 STR – SUV/MUV
- Innova 2.0 VX 8 STR BS-IV – SUV/MUV
- Innova 2.5 VX 7 STR – SUV/MUV
- Innova 2.5 VX 8 STR – SUV/MUV
- Innova 2.5 VX 7 STR BS-IV – SUV/MUV
- Innova 2.5 VX 8 STR BS-IV – SUV/MUV
India has had the Corolla since early 2002, and it was a sensible, practical car. It appealed to the masses with its inoffensive styling and all was good with the world. One fine day, Honda decided to crash the party with the Civic.
Toyota Corolla Altis Variants
- Corolla Altis 1.8 J – Sedan
- Corolla Altis J Diesel – Sedan
- Corolla Altis 1.8G – Sedan
- Corolla Altis G Diesel – Sedan
- Corolla Altis 1.8G L – Sedan
- Corolla Altis GL Diesel – Sedan
- Corolla Altis 1.8V L – Sedan
The Fortuner has been in the offing for a number of years now, and many customers have been eagerly awaiting the launch of this SUV from Toyota. And why not – after all, it has for brethren the Landcruiser and Landcruiser Prado, which is the mainstay of the UN, and the FJ Cruiser, which many owners will swear by.
Toyota Fortuner Variants
- Fortuner 3.0 MT – SUV/MUV
One of the best lookers around, the Camry is quite sharp. The headlamp is like a blade and the snout is pronounced with that Toyota badge falling into the grille which in itself is quite eye-catching! There’s a hint of BMW 7-Series too, with the boot having a step-like design like the BMW.
Toyota Camry Variants
- Camry W1 (MT) – Sedan
- Camry W2 (AT) – Sedan
- Camry W4 (AT) – Sedan
The Prius is the second ‘real’ hybrid to make it to our shores after Honda’s Civic Hybrid. The Prius has also been possibly the one real success story in the world of Hybrids and has adorned many a Hollywood celebrity’s driveway.
Toyota Prius Variants
- Prius 1.8 Z3 – Sedan
- Prius 1.8 Z4 – Sedan
Serious off-roaders worship this car, and now it goes well on-road too, with huge power. A raised luxury car.
Toyota Land Cruiser Prado Variants
- Land Cruiser Prado VX – SUV/MUV
- Land Cruiser Prado VX L – SUV/MUV
With the Indian SUV market being flooded with German brands like the Audis, VWs, Porsches, Mercedes and BMWs, its high time for the Japanese manufacturer to demand for its share in this growing Indian market and make its own impression. After the Prado petrol, its time for Toyota to use its weapon, the Land Cruiser to get some hold in India.
Toyota Land Cruiser Variants
- Land Cruiser LC200 VX (Standard) 1 – SUV/MUV
- Land Cruiser LC200 VX(Premium) 2 – SUV/MUV
A list of Cars Above Rs. 3 Lakhs and Under 4 Lakhs in India
Three to four Lakh is a descent budget for any Indian middle ...
Top 10 Luxury Cars and Most Expensive Cars in India
The car industry in India really seems to be booming. With t ...