Top 16 Royal and Heritage Palaces of India
The royal palaces of India truly represent the Golden Era in India. Replicating the legendary past of the Kings and Maharajas who once lived here, these palaces are the finest and unique example of sheer feat and creativity, reflecting an elegance of style that could only have been mastered over an era. Some of these palaces are now luxury hotels that offer the royal luxury in a package. The cuisine, the traditional dress, the welcoming services, the furnishings, sports and everything have been maintained to match the Royal Taste. Live here to experience the same.
Following are the top 10 royal palaces of India
Palaces of Jaipur
- City palace – City Palace of Jaipur is one of the most famous tourist attractions and a major landmark in Jaipur. Built by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh, City Palace stands apart with its outstanding art and architecture. A part of the wonderful Palace is still reserved as a residence for the former Maharaja of Jaipur.
- Jaimahal Palace – The famous Jai Mahal Palace of Jaipur bears the history of 260 years of Indo-Saracenic architectural magnificence. Now this age old structure become a major tourist 5 star deluxe hotel and was re-furbished by the Taj Group of Hotels.
- Rambagh Palace – The Rambagh Palace is the former residence of the Maharaja of Jaipur. Located 5 miles away from Jaipur on Bhawani Singh Road, the palace is now a now a luxury Taj Palace Hotel. Preferred mostly by sport stars and celebrities, Rambagh Palace, is considered to be one of the best hotels around the world.
- Samode Palace – Samode Palace was awarded the best Heritage hotel in the country, repeatedly for 5 years. The Palace has been meticulously restored and offers a retreat in a peaceful and beautiful location in India, the center of Aravali Mountains, where it is located.
Palaces of Jodhpur
- Umaid bhavan Palace – Nestled high above the desert capital of Jodhpur, The Palace was built between 1928 and 1943, for H.H. Maharaja Umaid Singh ji, grand father of our present Maharaja. set in the midst of 26 acres of lush green gardens, Umaid Bhawan Palace is one of the largest private residences in the world and the last of the great palaces of India.
Palaces of Udaipur
- City palace – Built by the Maharana Udai Mirza Singh, city palace is located on the east bank of the Lake Pichola. It has several palaces built within its complex. The City Palace in Udaipur which is a fusion of the Rajasthani and Mughal architectural styles, is considered the largest in Rajasthan.
- Lake Palace – formerly known as Jag Niwas, situated on Lake Pichola, the Lake Palace of Udaipur is one of the finest examples of Oriental workmanship. This 250-year old palace is now a five star hotel on the afloat on the still blue waters of Lake Pichola. It has been voted as the most romantic hotel in India.
- Sajjangarh Palace – Sajjangarh Palace, also known as Monsoon Palace, is located at a peak Bansdara Mountain at a height of about 944 m above the sea level. Built by Maharana Sajjan Singh, the palace was used as summer retreat for Mewar Kings and also to keep track of the monsoon clouds.
- Shivniwas Palace – This palace was built in the early 20th century, in the reign of Maharana Fateh Singh. Since then the palace is meticulously maintained and preserved for guests. Initially the palace was reserved utterly for dignitaries and guests of the House of Mewar. Today it has been converted to Grand Heritage Palace for guests.
Palace of Alwar
- Vijaymandir Palace – Located only 10 kilometers from Alwar, the Vijay Mandir Palace is an amazing retreat. Located only 10 kilometers from Alwar, this beautiful palace was built by Maharaja Jai Singh. The features of this royal palace reflect the grandeur of the royal period of Rajasthan.
Palaces of Gujarat
- City Palace Dhrangadhra – The Tudor like architecture of Dhrangadhra is entirely built from locally available sandstone.
- Gondal Palaces – Located in the town of Junagarh in Gujarat, the palace was inhabited by the descendants of Lord Krishna and the moon God, who ruled Gondal for more than 300 years. Naulakha Palace is the oldest existing palace in Gondal, the 17th Century.
Palaces of Madhya Pradesh
- Orchha Fort Palace, Orchha – Orchha was founded by Raja Rudra Pratap in the early 16th century. Later most of the early construction work in the town was carried out by his successor, Raja Bharti Chand. The palace is a fine example of Mughal architecture with typical stone jali (lattice) work and multifaceted arches at the entrance.
- Sunder mahal Ujjain Palace – This beautiful palace of Orchha is a respected place for Muslims. Sunder Mahal was built by Prince Dhurbhajan, son of the then ruler of the Orcha.
- Kaliadeh Palace – Situated on the banks of the Shipra, the central dome of the Kaliadeh palace is a beautiful example of Persian architecture. The palace was broken down in the time of t Pindaris and was again rebuilt by Madhav Rao Scindia in 1920.
Palace of Gwalior
- Jai Vilas Palace and Museum – The residence of the Scindia family, Jai Vilas Palace was constructed in the period between 1872 AD and 1874 AD. The Jai Vilas Palace is a perfect blend of the Tuscan and Corinthian architectural styles. The palace houses several antiques for which it is also known as a museum. A crystal staircase spirals its way to the 36 feet long wall and a chandeliers hanging from that wall is considered to be Asia’s largest pair of chandeliers.
5+ WooCommerce Themes & Templates for Electronic Store
Dealing with electronics just got easier. Ensure smooth mana ...
7+ Stunning WordPress Wedding, Events Planning & Marriage Themes
Your wedding is one of the most important milestones in your ...