The Seven Vows of a Hindu Marriage
In Hinduism it is believed that rituals and customs are the true ingredients for a happy married life. The seven vows taken at the time of a Hindu marriage are the seven promises sworn by the bride and the groom. These vows are sworn during the pheras taken around the sacred fire called the havan kund. The sacred fire is the witness of the vows sworn by the groom and the bride. The priest continuously chants the vedic mantras during the pheras. The bride and groom then pledge their commitment to take care of each other in any circumstances throughout their life.
The 7 Vows
Seven Vows In Hindu Wedding
1) The first vow says, the bride and the groom would provide prosperity as a household to the family and would stand against those who try to hinder.
2) The second vow says ,the bride and the groom would lead a healthy life by developing their physical, mental and spiritual.
3) The third vow says, the couple would earn a living and increase by proper means, so that their materialistic wealth increases manifold.
4) The fourth vow says, the married couple would respect, love & understand each other and would acquire knowledge, happiness and harmony.
5) The fifth vow says, the couple would expand their family by having healthy, brave and honest children, for whom, they will be responsible.
6) The sixth vow says, the bride and the groom should have self-control of the mind, body and soul and should have long marital relationship.
7) The seventh and the last vow says, they promise that they would be true and loyal to each other and would remain companions and best of friends for the lifetime.
Rangoli Designs With Flowers – The Colors of Celebration
Rangoli in India is probably one of the most popular and tra ...
Rangoli for This Festive Season
The festive season is in its full swing at this time in Indi ...