The Latest Hatchback Car India Will be on – Hyundai EON
The South Korean car maker Hyundai will launch the Hyundai Eon in India on 14th October in direct competition with Chevrolet Spark and Maruti Alto. This is so far the smallest and cheapest car from Hyundai portfolio. The car has been codenamed as Eon and will be manufactured at the company’s Chennai facility. The launch of the new Hyundai small car in the volume driven mass segment will not only boost the company’s market share but will also help Hyundai to strengthen its position in the Indian market. The hatchback section of the Indian Automobile industry is the new battle field for all car manufacturers. Each of them are coming up with something new to attract mass buyers of the middle class section of Indian population.
The new Hyundai Eon small car is hoped-for to come supercharged by a 3-cylinder 800 cc engine that will be capable of delivering a peak power of 50 bhp. Priced in the segment of sub Rs 2.5 lakh (appx), the all new Hyundai Eon small car will be carrying a considerably high mileage along with a substantially low emission level. Initially the car is expected to launched in the petrol version and later in LPG/ CNG versions. Once launched, this will be the cheapest Hyundai car in the Indian small car segment. The global launch of the car was scheduled on 13th October 2011 whereas the launch in India is scheduled on 14th October 2011.
The exterior design of Hyundai Eon is extremely sporty and doesn’t look anything closer to a cheap car. Hyundai is worked real hard to provide good exteriors and interiors comparably low price. Going by the looks we can say that it is a head turner for sure and value for money too.
Engine & Specifications of the Hyundai Eon
As mentioned above, the new 800CC Hyundai small car will be powered by a 3-cylinder, 800 cc MPFI (multi point fuel injection) petrol engine. The small engine of the Eon will be capable of delivering a peak power of 50 bhp. The fuel-efficient engine of the car will come coupled with a five-speed manual transmission. However, the company is yet to disclose any specification details of the car in the country.
Performance of the Hyundai 800 CC Car
Developed for the volume driven mass segment, the Hyundai 800 cc small car will be carrying a considerably high fuel economy of over 20 kmpl. Moreover, the car will be having a very low carbon emission level. While developing the car, the company has taken into consideration the basic needs and requirements of the Indian buyers of this segment. The car is currently under testing stage where the company is rigorously testing it for the Indian road and weather conditions.
Exterior, Interior & Safety Features in the Hyundai 800CC
The all new Hyundai 800cc small car will be carrying a modern look along with a fascinating road presence. However, the company is yet to reveal the first look of the car. The interior of the car is expected to come equipped with all basic comfort & convenience features that comprises of outside rearview mirrors (OVRM), power steering, power windows and an informative instrument cluster. The safety features that are expected to come with this small car include brake-assist, child safety locks, engine immobilizer, tubeless tyres etc.
- Hyundai Eon D- Lite – Immobilizer, driver side ORVM, integrated HMSL, exterior chrome finish, dual tone interiors, both sides sun visors, speaker grille- front doors, clear all round glasses, power outlet, cup holder, gear shift indicator, cluster assembly signals etc.
- Hyundai Eon D- Lite (O) – All features similar with the Hyundai Eon D- Lite variant except for the additional manual AC that comes with this one.
- Hyundai Eon Era – Body colored exterior accessories, metal finish, motor driven power steering, tinted glasses, EPS indicator, rest all features common with the D- Lite (O) variant.
- Hyundai Eon Magna – Central locking, passenger side ORVM, front door map pockets, rear speaker grille, front power windows, tilt steering, rest all features common with the Eon Era variant.
- Hyundai Eon Magna (O) – Integrated audio system (CD/ Mp3 with USB and AUX – in ports), front door speakers (2), rear parcel tray, rest all features common with the Eon Magna variant.
- Hyundai Eon Sportz – Driver airbag, keyless entry, front fog lamps, 3- spoke aluminum finish steering, airbag warning signal, metal and body colored exterior accessories, rest all features common with the Eon Magna (O) variant.
A Complete List of Cars Under 5 Lakhs in India
Three to five Lakhs is a descent budget for any Indian middl ...
Top 10 Luxury Cars and Most Expensive Cars in India
The car industry in India really seems to be booming. With t ...