Skoda Rapid – The New Sedan Car Launched in India
Recently launched Skoda Rapid is a new entrant in the C+ sedan segment. The car will be manufactured in the same plant where Vento is manufactured i.e. Chakan, Pune plant. Rapid and Vento has various similarities like, both the cars are based on the same platform, have same engine, gearbox and suspension. Before the launch in India, ther were numerous humors regarding the name of the cars. It was believed that the car will be launched as rapid than it was rumored to be launched as Lauretta, but finally the all-new entry level sedan was launched as Rapid in India.
“It is powered by same petrol and diesel engine which are doing duty under the hood of Volkswagen Vento. Skoda Auto recently changed the variant names of Fabia and Laura (Classic to Active and Ambiente to Ambition); Rapid will also bears new variant name: Rapid Active, Rapid Ambition and Rapid Elegance. Skoda Rapid gets design cues from the Skoda Fabia and Volkswagen Vento, it was expected that it will be based on the MissionL design concept displayed the 2011 Frankfurt Auto Show, but to keep the costs down Skoda Auto has kept the design very basic and familiar. It will compete with the likes of Honda City, Volkswagen Vento, New Hyundai Verna, New Ford Fiesta, Chevrolet Aveo, Fiat Linea and Tata Indigo Manza. “ – as quoted in maxabout.com
“SKODA Auto India marks a crucial milestone in India with the launch of Rapid. We intend to strengthen our presence in the highly competitive C segment in the country with this launch. We are confident that this car will become the cornerstone for the SKODA brand in India. It’s distinctly fresh, young, smart and clear-cut design makes Rapid a well-balanced car and therefore successfully fills the gap between SKODA Fabia and the current Laura”, Mr. Thomas Kuehl, Member of the Board & Director, Sales & Marketing, SKODA Auto India commented.
Mr. Thomas Kuehl further added, “The Rapid is positioned as a family car, compact enough for the city and spacious enough for longer trips. Our plans for the Rapid in India are fairly ambitious, given that we expect it to become the bestselling car in our model line-up in India, in the near future. We aim to penetrate in the competitive C segment and have an advantage over our competitors with our high quality design and unique features for the Indian market.”
Engine Options of Skoda Rapid
- Petrol engine – 1598cc, 4 Cylinder, 8 Valve – 105 Bhp power and 153 Nm torque
- Diesel engine – 1598cc, 4 Cylinder, 8 Valve – 105 Bhp power and 250 Nm torque
Variants of Skoda Rapid
Skoda Rapid is available in eight variants:
- Skoda Rapid Petrol Active
- Skoda Rapid Petrol Ambition
- Skoda Rapid Petrol Elegance
- Skoda Rapid Petrol Ambition Automatic
- Skoda Rapid Petrol Elegance Automatic
- Skoda Rapid Diesel Active
- Skoda Rapid Diesel Ambition
- Skoda Rapid Diesel Elegance
Price of Skoda Rapid
- Skoda Rapid Petrol Active – Rs. 6,75,000
- Skoda Rapid Petrol Ambition – Rs. 7,09,000
- Skoda Rapid Petrol Elegance – Rs. 7,99,000
- Skoda Rapid Petrol Ambition Automatic – Rs. 8,09,000
- Skoda Rapid Petrol Elegance Automatic – Rs. 8,99,000
- Skoda Rapid Diesel Active – Rs. 7,96,000
- Skoda Rapid Diesel Ambition – Rs. 8,29,000
- Skoda Rapid Diesel Elegance – Rs. 9,19,000.
A Complete List of Cars Under 5 Lakhs in India
Three to five Lakhs is a descent budget for any Indian middl ...
Top 10 Luxury Cars and Most Expensive Cars in India
The car industry in India really seems to be booming. With t ...