Recipe for Veg Thukpa
Need a Veg Thukpa Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Veg Thukpa Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Veg Thukpa recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Veg Thukpa recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Veg Thukpa Recipe:
1 lb Tibetan noodles, similar to spaghetti, cavatelli
3 cup assorted vegetables (cauliflower, carrots, green beans, mustard greens, potatoes)
½ lb spinach, washed, chopped
1 cup onion, chopped
1 tbsp garlic, minced
1 tbsp ginger, minced
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cumin powder
½ tsp jwanu (lovage seeds)
3 fresh chilies, julienned
1 bay leaf
1 cup tomatoes
½ cup yogurt
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 cup vegetable broth
2 tbsp mustard oil
salt and pepper
1 tbsp chopped cilantro
1. Cook noodles in boiling salted water until slightly undercooked. Drain and rinse.
2. In a sauce pan heat 2 tablespoons of mustard oil.
3. Add onions, fry till light brown.
4. Add turmeric, garlic, ginger, cumin powder, and chilies.
5. Stir well for 1 minutes.
6. Put the assorted vegetables and stir-fry well, about 5 minutes.
7. To the vegetable mixture add tomatoes, soy sauce, yogurt, broth, jwanu, bay leaf, salt and pepper and cook until vegetables are tender.
8. Add the noodles and stew for 5 more minutes or until nice consistency of the sauce is attained.
9. At last, add spinach and fold into the stewed noodles for a minute or so, until wilted.
10. Garnish with chopped cilantro.