Need a Uttapam Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Uttapam Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Uttapam recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Uttapam recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Uttapam Recipe:
1 Cup Rice
1/2 Urad Dal
2 Capsicum finely chopped
2-3 Green Chilies finely chopped
2-3 Tomato Finely chopped (without seeds)
2 tsp coriander leaves finely chopped
3 Medium sized onion finely chopped
Salt as per taste
Oil/Ghee to fry
1. Soak rice and dal overnight or 5-6 hours separately. Wash and drain the rice and grind it coarsely in a blender. Grind the daal into a smooth and forthy paste. Mix the grinded rice and daal together into a batter. Mix salt and keep aside in a warm place for 8-10 hours or overnight for fermenting.
2. Heat the nonstick tava up to medium heat, use a serving spoon to spread batter onto it. using circular motions with the ladle spread it in a thick circle.
3. Spread a tsp of oil on sides and cover the pan for a while. Fire should not be between medium and low.
4. Sprinkle cut vegetables on the upper side of uttapam and let it heat on the under side. When one side becomes a little brown in color than cook on the other side too.
5. Serve hot with green chutney