Need a Tamarind And Date Chutney Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Tamarind And Date Chutney Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Tamarind And Date Chutney recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Tamarind And Date Chutney recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Tamarind And Date Chutney Recipe:
Tamarind And Date Chutney
4 ounces tamarind pulp
1 pound pitted dates
2 cups sugar, divided
6 cups water, plus 4 cups
1. In a large saucepan, combine the tamarind pulp, dates, 1 cup sugar, and 6 cups water.
2. Bring to a boil, and then lower to a simmer.
3. Cook mixture until tamarind paste has dissolved into the water, about 1 hour, stirring every now and then.
4. Pass mixture through a food mill. Discard the pulp. 5. Pass the puree through a fine strainer.
6. Return the puree to the saucepan.
7. Add the remaining 1 cup sugar and 4 cups water.
8. Stir and bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer.
9. Reduce until thickened.
10. Transfer to a non-reactive container and allow to cool completely.
11. Refrigerate until needed.