Need a Stuffed Bajra Roti Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Stuffed Bajra Roti Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Stuffed Bajra Roti recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Stuffed Bajra Roti recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Stuffed Bajra Roti Recipe:
Stuffed Bajra Roti
For The Rotis:
2 cups Bajra (black millet) flour of salt
Bajra (black millet) flour for rolling
To Be Mixed Into A Stuffing:
3/4 cup Crumbled low-fat paneer (cottage cheese)
4 tbsp Chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves
2 slit Green chillies , finely chopped
1/2 cup Finely chopped tomatoes
Salt to taste
2 tsp low-fat butter (optional)
For the Rotis:
1. Combine the bajra flour and salt together in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
2. Knead well till smooth and divide into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
How to proceed:
1. Divide the stuffing into 8 equal portions. Keep aside.
2. Roll out each portion of the dough into 150 mm. (6”) diameter thin circle. Keep aside.
3. Place a roti on a clean, dry surface, put a portion of the stuffing and spread it evenly.
4. Place another roti on top and press well so that they stick well.
5. Cook a non-stick tava (griddle) till brown spots appear on both the sides.
6. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more rotis.
7. Apply1/2 tsp of butter on each roti and serve hot.