Need a Spicy Andhra Chicken Curry Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Spicy Andhra Chicken Curry Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Spicy Andhra Chicken Curry recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Spicy Andhra Chicken Curry recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Spicy Andhra Chicken Curry Recipe:
Spicy Andhra Chicken Curry
1 whole Chicken(with bones)
2 Yellow Onions (medium size chopped)
2 medium Tomatoes (chopped)
¼ cup Cilantro
5 Green Chillies
2 tbsp Poppy Seeds( mustard seeds)
50 Cashew Nuts
3 tbsp Ginger & Garlic paste
3 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
3 tbsp yogurt
¼ tsp Turmeric (haldi)
1 tsp Garam Masala
5 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 cup Water
Salt to taste
1. Clean (wash) the cut chicken in a big bowl, by adding yogurt,Ginger & Garlic paste, turmeric, salt, red chilli powder and stir everything, and cover the bowl and let it marinate for an hour.
2. In a frying pan add the poppy seeds and fry them till they turn golden brown.
3. Grind them till they come in to a fine powder, and add the cashew nuts. And make it into a fine powder.
4. Cut the onions into small pieces , cut chillies in to long pieces and add them to it.
5. Chop the tomatoes and set them aside.
6. In a big pan (kadai), pour oil and add the cloves & elaichi in it.
7. Add onions and deep fry them till they turn golden brown.
8. Add the tomatoes and deep fry them till they become soft.
9. Add chillies and the mixture of poppy seeds & the cashew nuts fry till the oil separates from it.
10. Add the marinated chicken and deep fry it for about 4 or 5 minutes.
11. Add a cup of water and stir them well and cover the pan (kadai) cook it in a medium heat.
12. Once the chicken is well cooked, add garam masala and the chopped cilantro and turn off the stove.