Recipe for Solkadhi
Need a Solkadhi Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Solkadhi Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Solkadhi recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Solkadhi recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Solkadhi Recipe:
5 or 6 Kokum (Garcinia Indica, Amsool)
1 cup coconut milk (Homemade, or Canned unsweetened type)
1 green chilli
½ teaspoon cumin seeds
Sugar or jaggery, and salt – to taste
2 fresh sprigs of fresh cilantro
1. Soak Kokum in a cup of warm water for half an hour, to soften and to release juice.
2. Grind green chilli and cumin to fine paste.
3. Once the kokum water turns pink, take it in a big cup or glass.
4. Add coconut milk.
5. Stir in sugar or jaggery and salt to taste.
6. Also the cumin-chill paste.
8. Garnish with cilantro leaves and drink immediately.
9. Do not leave kokum soaked in as it will make the sol kadhi sourer than normal.
10. Optional – Some people also like to add a pinch of grated ginger and garlic.