Need a Saunfia Chaman Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Saunfia Chaman Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Saunfia Chaman recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Saunfia Chaman recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Saunfia Chaman Recipe:
5 Tbsp + 2 Tbsp mustard oil
250 gm paneer
3 brown cardamom
5 green cardamom
1 bay leaf
1 cinnamon stick
1 1/2 cup tomato puree
Heeng, a pinch
1/4 tsp dry ginger powder
Salt, to taste
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 Tbsp saunf powder (aniseed powder)
1 cup water
1. In a wok add 5 Tbsp mustard oil. Shallow fry paneer pieces from both sides till golden-brown.
2. Transfer them in a bowl with 1 cup water. Add a pinch of heeng.
3. Ina wok add 2 Tbsp oil. Splutter brown cardamom, green cardamom, bay leaf, cinnamon.
4. Add tomato puree, salt, red chilli powder, dry ginger powder. Cook till the masala leaves oil on the sides.
5. Soak out the extra water from the paneer. Add it to the masala. Now add some saunf powder. Mix.
6. Now add the water in which the paneer was soaked.
7. Mix well. Let it cook for 1 more minute.
8. Serve with steamed rice.