Need a Sarson Ka Saag Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Sarson Ka Saag Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Sarson Ka Saag recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Sarson Ka Saag recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Sarson Ka Saag Recipe:
Sarson Ka Saag
1 kg – sarson (green mustard)
250 gm – spinach
2 no – shalgam (turnips) (peeled and chopped (optional)
3 to 4 flakes – garlic (finely chopped)
2″ piece – ginger (finely chopped)
2 to 3 – green chillies (finely chopped)
2 tsp – makki ka atta (maize flour)
1 1/2 tsp – powdered gur (jaggery)
salt to taste
For Tadka (Tempering):
3 tsp – desi ghee
1/2 tsp – red chilli powder
2 nos – green chillies (finely chopped)
1″ piece – ginger (finely chopped)
1. Wash, clean and chop the mustard and spinach leaves.
2. Pressure cook the leaves with garlic, ginger, green chillies and shalgam.
3. Add salt and 1/2 a cup of water.
4. The saag will be done in 15-20 mins.
5. Remove from fire and cool.
6. Grind the spinach to a rough paste.
7. Add makki ka atta and cook for 15 minutes on low heat.
8. Prepare tadka with ginger, green chillies and red chillies in ghee and add to the hot saag and mix lightly.
9. Serve hot with Makki ki Roti.