Need a Ram Laddu Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Ram Laddu Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Ram Laddu recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Ram Laddu recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Ram Laddu Recipe:
1 cup yellow lentil (dhuli moong dal)
1/2 cup Bengal gram (chana dal)
1/2tsp red chili powder
1 green chili (chopped)
Salt to taste
1″ Ginger grated
1 tblsp chopped green coriander
Oil for deep frying
1 coarsely grated radish
Some Rock salt (Kala namak)
For Green Chutney
100 gms coriander leaves
100 gms mint leaves
1 tsp mango powder
Salt to taste
2 garlic pod
2 green chilies
1 inch ginger piece
1/4 tsp rock salt
1. Wash the dals and soak them separately for 3-4 hours. Remove the water completely and put them in a grinder to make a course paste. Keep adding little amount of water while grinding to get a course paste. Make sure you do not grind it to a fine paste.
2. Mix both the lentils in a bowl and beat them together till the mixture gets fluffy and light. The color of the mixture will change from yellow to white in color. The mixture should have a dropping consistency so as to make round balls. A simple consistency check – drop a small ball of beaten dal mixture in a bowl full of water if it floats up to the surface it means the mixture has desired consistency.
3. Now add salt,red chili powder, green coriander, ginger and chopped green chilies to the mixer with a light hand.
4. Take oil in a frying pan. When the oil is hot, reduce the flame. Now take out 1 tsp of batter with wet fingers, give it a round shape and gently put it in the oil. Place as many as possible at a time.
5. Fry these balls on medium flame until they turn golden in color.
6. Place an absorbent paper on the plate and take out the ram laddu on it.
Making green chutney
1. Take all the ingredients of the chutney in a mixer and grind them into a fine paste of dripping consistency.
2. Take it out in a bowl.
To serve place 5-6 fried ram ladoos on a small plate and put some grated radish on them and pour the green chutney on top. Squeeze some lemon juice and sprinkle some rock salt and serve with a toothpick.