Need a Rajma Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Rajma Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Rajma recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Rajma recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Rajma Recipe:
2 cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed under running water
2 tbsp vegetable/canola/sunflower cooking oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 medium-sized onions chopped fine
2″piece of ginger julienne
6 cloves of garlic minced
2 large tomatoes chopped into 1″ cubes
2 fresh green chillies chopped fine
2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste
A pinch of asafetida
Chopped coriander to garnish
1. Heat the oil in a deep pan and add the cumin seeds. When they stop sizzling, add the onion and fry till soft.
2. Add the ginger and garlic and fry for 2 minutes.
3. Add the green chillies, tomatoes, coriander, cumin, turmeric and garam masala powders and fry till the oil separates from the masala.
4. Add the red kidney beans, 4 cups of warm water, asafetida, salt to taste and cook till beans are very soft (approximately 10 minutes).
5. Mash some of the beans roughly (this thickens the gravy).
6. Garnish with coriander and serve piping hot with plain boiled rice and Kachumbar salad and a pickle of your choice.