Need a Qabooli Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Qabooli Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Qabooli recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Qabooli recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Qabooli Recipe:
1 kg Rice
250 gms Bengal Gram Split (chana Dal)
Salt to taste
6 Green Cardamoms
2 inches stick Cinnamon
Cloves 8 nos
1. Wash and soak the rice for half hour. Then boil with salt and half the whole garam masala till almost done.
2. Wash and soak the chana dal for half an hour. Boil with salt, a little turmeric powder till just cooked (al dente).
3. Heat oil, add the remaining cinnamon, green cardamom, cloves and saute.
4. Add shahi jeera and when they crackle add ginger and garlic pastes and saute.
5. Add chopped green chillies and a little browned onions.
6. Add the cooked dal, garam masala powder, finely chopped coriander leaves and stir to mix well.
7. Add turmeric powder, stir and take it off heat. Add yogurt and mix well.
8. Transfer half of the dal mixture into another pan.
9. Spread half the rice over the dal mix, spread browned onions, garam masala powder, chopped mint leaves, lemon juice, saffron dissolved in water or milk.
10. Spread the remaining dal over this followed by rice, browned onions, garam masala powder, chopped mint leaves, lemon juice and saffron.
11. Cover with a tight fitting lid. After 2-3 minutes lower the heat and let it cook till done.