Need a Puran Poli Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Puran Poli Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Puran Poli recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Puran Poli recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Puran Poli Recipe:
For the Stuffing
1 cup tooar dal (arhar)
1 cup sugar
a few strands of saffron
1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder (elaichi)
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg powder (jaiphal)
a pinch mace powder (javantri)
2 tablespoons ghee
For the dough
2 cups whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
2 tablespoons oil
For the serving
For the filling
1. Wash and pressure cook the dal in 1 1/2 cups of water.
2. Drain any excess water and keep aside.
3. Heat the ghee in a pan, add the dal and sugar and cook till the mixture thickens, stirring continuously.
4. Dissolve the saffron in a little water by rubbing.
5. Add the cardamom and nutmeg powders, mace powder, saffron liquid and mix well.
6. Cool, divide into 12 to 15 portions and keep aside.
For the dough
1. Combine the flour and oil and knead into a soft dough using water.
2. Divide into 12 to 15 portions and keep aside.
1. Roll out one portion of the dough into a 75 mm. (3″) diameter circle.
2. Place a portion of the filling mixture and fold the edges of the dough over the filling.
3. Pinch the edges together to seal the filling in.
4. Flatten the dough and roll again into a 100 mm. (4″) diameter circle.
5. Cook on a tava over a medium flame till golden brown in color on both sides.
6. Repeat for the remaining dough and filling.
7. Smear with ghee and serve hot.