Need a Pudina (mint) Rice Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Pudina (mint) Rice Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Pudina (mint) Rice recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Pudina (mint) Rice recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Pudina (mint) Rice Recipe:
Pudina (mint) Rice
1/2 cup – pudina leaves (lightly packed)
1&1/2 cup – basmati rice or raw rice
1 – onion, chopped
1 – tomato, chopped (optional)
2 or 3 – green chilli
1/4 tsp – turmeric powder
1/2 tsp – garam masala
2 or 3 cloves – garlic
1/2 inch – ginger
2 – cloves
2 – cardamom
1 – star anise
Cinnamon, a small piece
1 – bay leaf
Coriander leaves, a small quantity
8 to 10 – roasted cashew nut
2 tsp – oil or ghee
Salt to taste
3 glasses of water (including the ground paste)
1. Wash and soak rice for 10 minutes. Drain and Keep aside.
2. Make a fine paste with mint leaves, some coriander, ginger, garlic, star anise, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and keep aside.
3. Heat oil or ghee.
4. Add bay leaf and onion.
5. Cook till onion becomes light brown.
6. Then add tomato and fry until it becomes soft.
7. Add rice to this and sort it for 3 to 4 minutes.
8. Add the ground paste and garam masala.
9. Then add required salt, turmeric powder and water.
10. Cover and cook till done.
11. Garnish with roasted cashews, coriander and pudina leaves.
12. Serve hot pudina rice with raitha.
13. The pudina rice might taste a little spicier when ground pepper is added to it.