Recipe for Pindi Chole
Need a Pindi Chole Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Pindi Chole Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Pindi Chole recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Pindi Chole recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Pindi Chole Recipe:
1 1/2 cup Chickpeas (kabuli chana)
1 tablespoon Tea leaves
2 tablespoonsCoriander powder
2 tablespoons Cumin powder
1 1/2 teaspoons Red chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
2 tablespoons Cumin seeds
1 tablespoon Pomegranate seeds (anardana)
4-6 Green chillies, slit
1 tablespoon Garlic paste
1 tablespoon Ginger paste
Salt to taste
2 medium Tomatoes,quartered
1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
1. Soak chickpeas in four cups of water overnight. Tie tealeaves in muslin cloth to form a bundle.
2. Drain chickpeas, add six to eight cups water, salt and tealeaves tied in muslin cloth.
3. Pressure cook for twenty minutes or until soft and completely cooked. Drain the cooked chickpeas and reserve the cooking liquor.
4. Discard bundle of tealeaves. Mix together coriander powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and amchur.
5. Dry roast cumin seeds till dark brown.
6. Dry roast anardana and grind to a powder along with roasted cumin seeds.
7. Heat four tablespoons oil in a kadhai, add slit green chillies and ginger-garlic paste.
8. Stir-fry briefly. Add the mixed spice powder and stir-fry for half a minute.
9. Stir in half cup of the reserved cooking liquor and cook for two minutes.
10. Add the cooked chickpeas, salt to taste, one cup of reserved cooking liquor and cook on high heat for three to four minutes, stirring occasionally.
11. Top it with tomatoes, sprinkle garam masala powder, roasted cumin and anardana powder.
12. Heat the remaining oil to smoking point and pour over the prepared chickpeas.
13. Stir well, adjust seasoning and serve hot.