Recipe for Pasanday
Need a Pasanday Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Pasanday Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Pasanday recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Pasanday recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Pasanday Recipe:
Mix together and marinate for 4-5 hours.
1 kg mutton-cut into 3 1/2 cm cubes and beaten flat
Salt to taste
1 Tbsp ginger paste
1 Tbsp garlic paste
2 tsp chilli powder
2 Tbsp coriander powder
2 Tbsp poppy seeds-soaked, roasted and ground
1 tsp onion seeds
2 1/2 cups yoghurt
1/2 cup oil
6-7 green cardamoms
2 pieces cinnamon
1 cup onion-chopped fine
1 cup tomatoes-cut fine
1/2 cup tomato puree
10-12 blanched and slivered almonds
1/4 cup cream
2 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan; add the cardamoms, clove and cinnamon.
2. When these darken, add the onions and fry to a dark brown.
3. Add the flattened meat along with the marinade and cook uncovered, over low or high heat, till the water has evaporated and the fat separates.
4. By this time the meat should be cooked too. If not yet tender, add some water and cook till tender.
5. Add the tomatoes and puree, and sauté till the fat separates again, taking care not to break the meat pieces.
6. Add half the almonds.
7. Dish can be served dry too.
9. To make a gravy, add a little water and cook for a few minutes longer.
10. Garnish with cream, the rest of the almonds and the coriander leaves and serve.