Recipe for Paneer Pasanda
Need a Paneer Pasanda Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Paneer Pasanda Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Paneer Pasanda recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Paneer Pasanda recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Paneer Pasanda Recipe:
400 grams Cottage cheese (paneer)
15-20 Cashew nuts
2 medium Onions
2 inch piece Coconut
1 inch piece Ginger
2-3 cloves Garlic
Fresh coriander leaves a few sprigs
5-6 Kashmiri red chillies
1 tablespoon Poppy seeds (khuskhus/posto)
1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
1 tablespoon Coriander seeds
1 inch stick Cinnamon
2 tablespoons Sunflower seeds (charoli/chironji)
3 tablespoons Oil to deep fry
1 cup Tomato puree
1 teaspoon Sugar
Salt to taste
1/2 cup Fresh cream
1. Cut cottage cheese into one and a half inch sized cubes.
2. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai and deep-fry the cottage cheese cubes till light golden.
3. Drain onto an absorbent paper and set aside.
4. Deep-fry cashew nuts in the same oil till light golden. Drain onto an absorbent paper and keep aside.
5. Peel, wash and roughly chop onions. Wash and roughly chop the coconut. Peel, wash and roughly chop ginger and garlic.
6. Clean, wash and roughly chop coriander leaves.
7. Remove stems and dry roast Kashmiri red chillies along with poppy seeds, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, cloves and cinnamon.
8. Combine onion, coconut, ginger, garlic, coriander leaves, Kashmiri red chillies, poppy seeds, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, cloves, cinnamon and sunflower seeds and grind to a paste using a little water.
9. Heat three tablespoons of oil in a kadai, add the ground paste and fry for four to five minutes till it emits a nice aroma or till oil leaves the masala.
10. Add tomato puree, sugar, salt and half cup of water and continue to simmer on low heat for ten to fifteen minutes or till gravy is thick.
11. Add the fried cottage cheese and cashew nuts and cook further for a minute.
12. Gently stir in the fresh cream and serve hot.