Recipe for Paneer Kulcha
Need a Paneer Kulcha Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Paneer Kulcha Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Paneer Kulcha recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Paneer Kulcha recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Paneer Kulcha Recipe:
2 cups Maida (all purpose flour)
3/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 cup Luke Warm Milk
1 teaspoon Sugar
1/3 teaspoon Salt
3 tablespoons Curd (Yogurt)
2 tablespoons Oil
1 tablespoon Ghee
3/4 cup grated Paneer
1/2 teaspoon grated Ginger
2 tablespoons finely chopped Coriander Leaves
2 Green Chillies, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon Chaat Masala Powder
1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
1. Sieve maida in a large bowl. Add baking powder, salt, sugar, milk, curd, ghee and 2 tablespoons oil and mix well.
2. Add water as required and knead smooth dough. Place dough in a bowl and cover it with a wet cloth. Let it set at room temperature for 2 hours.
3. After 2 hours, knead it again for 1-2 minutes and divide it into 9 equal portions. Give each portion a round shape of ball. Place them in a bowl and cover with a cheesecloth. Now proceed to make a paneer based stuffing.
1. Take grated paneer, grated ginger, chopped coriander leaves, chopped green chilli, chaat masala powder, black pepper powder and salt in a medium bowl.
2. Mix well and divide prepared paneer stuffing into 9 equal parts.
For Paneer Kulcha
1. Take one dough ball and roll it out into small puri like circle (approx. 4-5 inch diameter) on rolling board using rolling pin. If required, dust some dry flour over it while rolling to avoid sticking. Put one portion of stuffing (approx. 1½ tablespoons) in the center of the circle. Wrap and enclose it with all sides of dough circle and seal its top merging point. This process will make a stuffed ball.
2. Now, gently press it and flatten its surface from top and bottom (like pattie).
3. Dust rolling board a little and roll it out into 6-7 inch diameter circle (like paratha).
4. Heat tawa over medium flame. Once it’s hot enough, place raw kulcha over it and cook on medium flame for 30 seconds. Flip it and cook for 20-30 seconds. Flip and cook until brown spots appear on the bottom side, flip again and cook until brown spots appear on another side.
5. Take it away from heat and spread butter or ghee as per your preference. Prepare remaining kulchas in similar way and serve hot.