Recipe for Paneer Butter Masala
Need a Paneer Butter Masala Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Paneer Butter Masala Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Paneer Butter Masala recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Paneer Butter Masala recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Paneer Butter Masala Recipe:
Paneer Butter Masala
250 gms Paneer
1 big / 2 small Onion (chopped)
1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste –
3 small / 2 big Tomato (blanched and pureed)
2 tbsp Cashew Paste
2 tsp Chilly Powder
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Kasoori Methi (dry)
1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds (Shahi Jeera)
2-3 tbsp Butter
1 tsp Oil
1/4 tsp Orange / red food color (optional)
Salt to taste
1/4 cup Heavy Cream (Fresh Cream)
Coriander for garnish (finely chopped)
1. Heat little oil in a pan, and saute the onions till it sweats and cooks nicely. You need not brown it.
2. Let it cool nicely and then puree the mixture.
3. In a different pan, melt the butter and splutter some cumin seeds.
4. Add the onion puree to this and fry for few minutes.
5. Add the ginger garlic paste and fry for another minute.
6. Add the turmeric powder, tomato puree, cashew paste, kasoori methi, chilly powder and coriander powder.
7. Reduce the flame and let the mixture cook for 5 minutes.
8. Add about a cup of water, food color and required salt and let the gravy come to a boil.
9. Add the garam masala powder, paneer cubes and the heavy cream/evaporated milk and let the whole gravy cook for another 5 minutes till all the flavors blend together.
10. Garnish with finely chopped cilantro or fresh cream.