Recipe for Palak Paneer
Need a Palak Paneer Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Palak Paneer Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Palak Paneer recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Palak Paneer recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Palak Paneer Recipe:
500 gms Paneer
2 medium-sized bunches of fresh spinach
1/2 bunch fresh fenugreek leaves
4 tbsp vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
1 large onion chopped fine
1 large tomato diced
2 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp ginger paste
2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
Salt to taste
1 tbsp of butter to garnish
1. Cut the paneer into 1″ cubes. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a heavy-bottomed pan and stir-fry the paneer till golden. Remove and drain on paper towels. Keep aside.
2. Add 2 tbsp of oil to the same pan and fry the onions in it till soft.
3. Add the ginger and garlic pastes and fry for a minute.
4. Add the spinach, fenugreek leaves, tomato, coriander, cumin, turmeric and garam masala powders and mix well. Add salt to taste and mix well.
5. Cook till the spinach and fenugreek leaves are soft and like pulp. Mash well into a rough paste. If you prefer, you can also blend this paste in the food processor to get a smoother consistency.
6. Add the previously fried paneer cubes to this gravy and mix to coat the pieces.
7. Garnish with butter and serve hot with Chapatis (Indian flatbread), parathas (pan-fried Indian flatbread)