Need a Palak Dal Recipe Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Palak Dal Recipe Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Palak Dal Recipe recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Palak Dal Recipe recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Palak Dal Recipe Recipe:
Palak Dal Recipe
1 cup moong dal (split mung beans)
2 1/2 cups spinach, chopped
Salt to taste
6 tsp vegetable oil
2 1/2 tsp urad dal (split black gram)
1 1/2 tsp mustard seeds (rai)
Asafoetida powder (hing), a pinch
4 red chillies, cut into big pieces
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1. Wash the moong dal a couple times, so it’s not too sticky when cooked.
2. Cook the dal and spinach in the pressure cooker with 1 1/2 cups of water for about 3 whistles or 8 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a deep pan on high heat.
4. Add hing, urad dal, and mustard seeds. When the seeds start to pop, add the red chillies and fry for a few seconds until they brown.
5. Add the red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
6. Add the cooked dal and spinach to this seasoning with 1 cup of water and salt.
7. Let the spinach dal come to a boil.
8. Serve the dal with chapatis or any Indian bread or with rice, ghee, and lime pickle.