Need a Palak Chutney Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Palak Chutney Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Palak Chutney recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Palak Chutney recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Palak Chutney Recipe:
1 medium bunch Spinach
1 medium Onion
1 large Tomato
Oil 1 teaspoon
1 tablespoon Split Bengal gram (chana dal)
1 tablespoon Split black gram skinless (dhuli urad dal)
4 Dried red chillies broken
Salt to taste
2 Green chillies,broken
4 tablespoons Scraped coconut
2 teaspoons Tamarind pulp
1. Roughly chop onion and tomato.
2. Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add chana dal, urad dal and sauté till light brown.
3. Add asafoetida and red chillies and mix. Add onion and mix.
4. Add tomato and mix again Tear spinach leaves and add.
5. Toss to mix. Add salt and mix. Add green chillies and mix well and cook till spinach is soft.
6. Add coconut and mix well. Add tamarind pulp and mix again.
7. Switch off heat and set aside to cool. Grind to a fine paste. Serve as an accompaniment with idlis or dosas.