Recipe for Nihari Gosht
Need a Nihari Gosht Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Nihari Gosht Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Nihari Gosht recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Nihari Gosht recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Nihari Gosht Recipe:
1 kg meat
2 tbsp refined oil
3-4 green cardamoms
1 tsp whole cinnamon
2 black cardamoms
2-3 bay leaves
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 cup water
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp garlic – fried and ground
1 tsp onions – fried and ground
3 tbsp yoghurt – beaten
2 tsp gulab-jal
2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp nutmeg-cardamom powder
1/2 tsp saffron – soaked in water
salt to taste
a few drops of itar
wheat dough for dum
fresh coriander and ginger julienne – to garnish
1. Heat oil in a pan and add green cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, black cardamom and bay leaves.
2. Add the meat and sauté till lightly fried.
3. Add salt and turmeric and mix well.
4. Pour in the water, cover the pan and cook.
5. When it starts boiling, add ginger- garlic paste, coriander powder, red chilli, garlic paste and onion paste.
6. Mix well and add yoghurt, gulab-jal, garam masala, nutmeg and cinnamon powder and saffron.
7. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
8. Now transfer the meat in a heavy bottom pan and strain the gravy.
9. Add a few drops of itar and cover the pan.
10. Seal it with the wheat dough and cook on slow fire.
11. Once done, garnish with fresh coriander and ginger julienne and serve.