Recipe for Navratan Korma
Need a Navratan Korma Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Navratan Korma Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Navratan Korma recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Navratan Korma recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Navratan Korma Recipe:
3 cups – Boiled vegetables (9 varieties-potatoes, carrots, green peas, french beans, cauliflower, capsicum, cabbage, bottle gourd, cluster beans)
150gms – Grated paneer
3 – Tomatoes
2 – Grated onions
1 1/2 tsp -Ginger paste
1 1/2 tsp – Garlic paste
Salt To Taste
1 tsp – Turmeric Powder
1 1/2 tsp – Red chilli powder
1 tsp – Coriander powder
2 tsp – Garam Masala Powder
2 tbsp – Cream
6 tbsp – Vegetable oil
1 tbsp – Ghee
1 cup – Milk / water
1/4 cup – Dry fruits (cashew nuts, raisins)
Coriander leaves for decoration
1. Boil tomatoes till tender. Allow them to cool. Then peel off the tomato skin to make puree. Readymade tomato puree can also be used.
2. Take 1 tbsp ghee and slightly fry the dry fruits for about 1 min on medium heat.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Fry onions and ginger-garlic paste till golden brown.
4. Add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala and fry for 2-3 minutes.
5. Next add tomato puree and dry fruits. Stir well and cook the mixture for 4 minutes. Ensure that the mixture doesn’t stick to bottom of pan.
6. Add milk (use water alternatively). Bring it to boil. Reduce the heat and cook until the gravy becomes thick.
7. Add paneer to the gravy and stir well.
8. Finally add all the vegetables to the above gravy and cook for 5-7 minutes.
9. Serve the navratan korma hot. Put cream and chopped coriander leaves on the navaratna korma decorate .