Recipe for Mutton Rogan Josh
Need a Mutton Rogan Josh Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Mutton Rogan Josh Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Mutton Rogan Josh recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Mutton Rogan Josh recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Mutton Rogan Josh Recipe:
Mutton Rogan Josh
2 Green Cardamoms
2 Onion (finely chopped)
1 inch sticks Cinnamon (Darchini)
3 Cloves (lobongo)
½ tsp Asafetida
1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
3 tbsp Oil
1 kg (35 oz.) Mutton (chops)
3 tbsp Curd or Yogurt (Dahi)
1 tsp Chilli Powder
1 cup (236 ml) Water
3 tsp Fennel Seeds (Mouri or Saunf) (powdered)
1/2 tsp Ginger (grated)
1 Black Cardamom
½ cup Coriander Leaves (chopped)
Salt to taste
1. In a pressure cooker, add heat oil.
2. Add onion, black cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon and the asafetida powder and fry for 2 min.
3. Add the mutton chops and fry for 5 min.
4. Add water and pressure cooks the mutton on low flame for 20 minutes.
5. Take out the mutton and cool to room temperature.
6. Take a bowl and add the curd, chili powder, fennel powder, ginger, garam masala, salt into the bowl and beat for 1 minute till mixture is smooth.
7. Add the curd mixture on low heat to the mutton.
8. Stir frequently for 7-10 minutes until the oil starts to leave the masala.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves.