Recipe for Murgh Shahi Korma
Need a Murgh Shahi Korma Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Murgh Shahi Korma Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Murgh Shahi Korma recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Murgh Shahi Korma recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Murgh Shahi Korma Recipe:
Murgh Shahi Korma
1 kg chicken-skinned and cut into 8 pieces
1/2 cup ghee
2 tsp cumin seeds
1 cup grated onions
2 Tbsp poppy seeds-roast and dry separately
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 Tbsp coriander powder
salt to taste
2-3 green chillies-slit
1/4 cup khoya-mashed into a paste with water
Soak for half an hour and grind to a paste :
10 cashew nuts
1/4 cup milk
2 Tbsp dessicated coconut
1/4 cup thick cream
2 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves
1. Heat the ghee in a heavy-based pan and add the cumin seeds.
2. When the seeds splutter, add the onions and sauté till light brown.
3. Add the ground paste and sauté again till the fat separates.
4. Increase heat, add the chicken pieces, and stir-fry until coated with the masala.
5. Add the turmeric, chilli powder, garam masala, coriander powder, salt and the green chillies.
6. Stir-fry to mix well.
7. Add 2 cups of water and the milk paste, bring to a boil and simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes or till the chicken is tender.
8. Serve hot, garnished with the cream and coriander leaves.