Need a Murgh Makhani Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Murgh Makhani Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Murgh Makhani recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Murgh Makhani recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Murgh Makhani Recipe:
4 chicken breasts / 4 leg pieces cleaned and thawed if frozen
For the marination
3/4 cup yoghurt
1 inch ginger cube finely chopped
10 garlic cloves finely chopped
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp paprika
3/4 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp red food color (i used rouge red used in baking )
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 tsp lemon juice
For the gravy
5-6 peeled and chopped and pureed tomatoes
3 onions pureed
1 inch cube of ginger finely chopped
10 cloves of garlic finely chopped
75 gms butter
100-150 gms fresh cream
1 tsp garam masala
3/4 tsp paprika
2 tsp salt
1 tsp fenugreek seeds(methi)
juice from 1/2 lemon
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp food coloring(optional)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
chopped coriander or spring onions for garnish
1. Mix all the ingredients of marination in a small bowl, so as to take the chicken pieces, and then add the chicken pieces, rub the marination well into the chicken pieces by your hands, let it marinate for 3-4 hrs in the refrigerator. I never have the time to marinate, hence you can marinate the chicken when you start and you would be good.
2. Once marinated, drain off any excess liquid from the chicken and oven roast it at 220C and for 10-12 minutes, turning it around once in between.
3. In the meantime, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan, and add the onion puree and let it fry till it changes it color to a very light brown.
4. Meanwhile crush the ginger garlic in a mortar pestle and make a mince paste, add this to the onion on the pan and let it cook, in a while the raw smell of ginger garlic will go off.
5. Now add the salt, and paprika and garam masala and fenugreek seeds and fry for 30 seconds.
6. Now add the tomato and let it fry and turn darker in color, this should happen in the next 4-5 minutes, keep stirring occasionally, and maintain a medium high flame.
7. At this stage i prefer to blend the masala by a hand blender in the same kadhai by turning off the heat, you may wish to skip this step altogether, but it just makes the gravy looks more smoother.
8. Now add the butter and the fresh cream, and mix till the color of the gravy looks consistent, the food color is for this stage, if the natural color is not satisfactory, add it here, the tomatoes i get are not as red, so i felt like adding the color.
9. Now add the oven roasted chicken pieces to this gravy and stir till its covered well with the gravy.
10. Cover the chicken with a lid and lower the heat and let it cook for 15 minutes, checking it in between every 5 minutes.