Recipe for Murgh Do Piaza
Need a Murgh Do Piaza Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Murgh Do Piaza Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Murgh Do Piaza recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Murgh Do Piaza recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Murgh Do Piaza Recipe:
Murgh Do Piaza
1 kg chicken-skinned and cut into 8 pieces
1/4 cup ghee
1 Tbsp cumin seeds
1 bay leaf
4 whole peppercorns
1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds-roasted and powdered
1 tsp fennel seeds- roasted and powdered
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1 cup grated onions
1/2 cup yoghurt
1 tsp garam masala
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 Tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp chilli powder
2-3 green chillies-slit
2 cups onions-sliced a little thick
2 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves-to garnish
1. Heat the ghee in a heavy-based saucepan, and add the cumin seeds, bay leaf, peppercorns, cloves, powdered fenugreek and fennel seeds.
2. When the seeds begin to splutter, add the garlic and ginger paste and the onions.
3. Saute over high heat till brown.
4. Add the yoghurt, stir-frying vigorously so that it blends well and does not curdle.
5. Cook till fat separates.
6. Add the garam masala, salt, turmeric, coriander and chilli powder.
7. Keeping the heat high, add the chicken pieces and stir till they look a little opaque and are coated with the masala.
8. Lower the heat, uncover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
9. Add the green chillies and sliced onions.
10. Continue cooking over low heat, till the chicken is cooked through and fat separates.
11. Takes 10-15 minutes. The onions should be crunchy.
12. Serve hot, garnished with chopped coriander leaves.