Recipe for Mughlai Paratha
Need a Mughlai Paratha Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Mughlai Paratha Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Mughlai Paratha recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Mughlai Paratha recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Mughlai Paratha Recipe:
3 cups whole-wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
2 Tbsp ghee
2 cups water to knead the dough
Dry flour to help with rolling
Ghee for frying the paranthas
Salt to taste
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
Chopped green chillies to taste
4 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves
1. Mix the whole-wheat flour, refined flour and the two tablespoons of ghee together.
2. Knead into a soft, sticky dough and cover and leave aside for 2-3 hours.
3. Divide the dough into 4 rounds, cover and leave to rest for about 15 minutes.
4. Heat a griddle over the stove. While it is getting hot, roll out one round.
5. The dough is sticky and soft, so you may need to dust it with flour frequently. Better still, pat it thin with your palms if you can.
6. Keeping the heat on high, place the roti over the griddle, break an egg on to the center of it, sprinkle with 2 tsp of onion, salt, green chillies and 1 tbsp of coriander leaves.
7. Lower heat to medium. To seal, fold over four ways towards the center, so that the ends overlap, thus forming a square.
8. Make a trail of ghee around it to fry the underside.
9. When the underside is fried, smear the top with a generous helping of ghee and turn over to fry to a golden brown.
10. Serve hot with a chutney or yoghurt.