Recipe for Mughlai Chicken Pulao
Need a Mughlai Chicken Pulao Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Mughlai Chicken Pulao Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Mughlai Chicken Pulao recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Mughlai Chicken Pulao recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Mughlai Chicken Pulao Recipe:
Mughlai Chicken Pulao
1 cleaned and cut Chicken
1 kg – minced Meat
2 cups – full Ghee
4 large minced Onions
1.5 – large Onions
1.5 kg – Curd
1.5 kg – good quality basmati Rice
1.5 tsp – ground Saffron
a handful – sliced and fried Almonds
4 – Bay Leaves
1″ – long stick of Cinnamon
3 pods Garlic
1″ long piece of Ginger
2 tsp – chilli powder
2 tsp – coriander powder
1 tsp – Cumin seed powder
1.5 tsp – Turmeric
1. First of all, grind garlic, ginger, chilli powder, coriander-cumin powder, turmeric to a fine paste.
2. Now heat 4 tbsps of ghee and fry 2 onions till brown.
3. Add half the whole spices then put in the chicken and mince, and brown.
4. Add ground spices and fry for a few minutes along with chicken and mince.
5. Add 2 cups hot water, cover and cook till chicken is tender.
6. Beat the curd with saffron and add to chicken.
7. Cook uncovered for 10 mins.
8. Remove from fire and keep aside.
9. Now heat the remaining ghee, fry the bay leaves and remaining whole spices.
10. Add the onions and brown them well.
11. Add rice and fry till brown.
12. Add enough water to cook rice (add 1 tsp salt).
13. Spread a layer of rice on a flat serving dish, then a layer of meat.
13. Repeat with one more layer of each. Garnish with almonds.