Recipe for Mughlai Biryani
Need a Mughlai Biryani Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Mughlai Biryani Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Mughlai Biryani recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Mughlai Biryani recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Mughlai Biryani Recipe:
1/2 kg Basmati rice
1 kg meat (Chicken, lamb, or Goat meat/mutton)
500 gm Curd (yogurt)
4-6 tsp Ginger-garlic paste.
4-6 Green chilli
2 Big onions
1/4 Cup lime juice
1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
Finely chopped coriander leaves
8-10 Sticks mint leaves
2 Pinches saffron
1-2 Cinnamon sticks
2-3 Cardamom pods
2 Cup oil
Salt to taste
2 tsp Ghee
1. Wash and chop the meat into square pieces.
2. Marinate the mixture of meat and ginger garlic paste for an hour.
3. In the meanwhile, chop the onions lengthwise and saute them in the oil on low heat till light brown.
4. Cool these fried onions and crush them in a plate with your hand.
5. Mix 3/4th of crushed fried onion, curd, red chilli powder, cinnamon, green chilli paste, cardamon, coriander leaves, clove, safron water, mint leaves and salt into the marinated meat.
6. Leave the mixture for 1 hour.
7. Wash the rice and cook it.
8. Pour little water and add one tsp salt, shah jeera, cinnamon, clove, cardamon, mint leaves, coriander leaves and green chilli.
9. When rice becomes half cooked, remove it from the flame.
10. Drain the water completely.
11. Spread this cooked rice over marinated meat.
12. Add saffron color, lime juice, ghee and the remaining crushed onions over rice layer.
13. Tightly cover with a lid.
14. Keep on a low flame.
15. Remove from the heat exactly after half an hour.
16. Biryani is ready to serve.