Recipe for Moong Dal Halwa
Need a Moong Dal Halwa Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Moong Dal Halwa Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Moong Dal Halwa recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Moong Dal Halwa recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Moong Dal Halwa Recipe:
Moong Dal Halwa
1 cup Split green gram skinless (dhuli moong dal) soaked and ground to a coarse paste
1 cup Ghee
1 tablespoon Gram flour (besan)
1 1/2 cups Milk
Saffron (kesar) for garnish
1 cup Sugar
3/4 cup Khoya/mawa
A pinch of Green cardamom powder
10-12 Almonds cut into slivers
1 sheet of Chandi ka varq (optional)
1. Heat ghee in a pan. Add gram flour and mix well. Add moong dal, lower heat and mix well.
2. Sauté, stirring continuously, till golden brown or for 20-25 minutes.
3. Heat ½ cup milk in a Pan. Add generous pinch of saffron and mix well for 1 minute. Switch off heat.
4. Heat sugar and 1 cup water in a Sauce Pan. Cook till sugar dissolves completely.
5. Add saffron milk to moong dal and mix well.
6. Add remaining milk and keep stirring.Add khoya in saffron milk pan, mix and heat for 2 minutes.
7. Add khoya to moong dal mixture alongwith cardamom powder, some almond slivers and sugar syrup.
8. Mix well, cover and cook on low heat for 5 minutes, stirring once a while. Remove lid, mix once. Switch off heat and transfer in a serving dish.
9. Serve hot garnished with chandi ka varq, saffron and remaining almond slivers.