Recipe for Modur (sweet) Pulao
Need a Modur(sweet) Pulao Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Modur(sweet) Pulao Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Modur(sweet) Pulao recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Modur(sweet) Pulao recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Modur(sweet) Pulao Recipe:
Modur (sweet) Pulao
2 cup Long Grain Basmati Rice
2 cup Sugar
½ cup Ghee
½ tsp Whole Cardamoms
½ tsp Cloves
½ tsp Black Peppercorns
½ tsp Cinnamon
5 bay Leaves
5 Saffron Strands
½ cup Almonds, blanched and split
½ cup Raisins
½ cup Dry Coconut Slivers
½ cup Dried Dates
Water, as required
2 tsp Milk
1. Wash and drain the rice and keep it aside.
2. Take a large pan and boil 8 cups of water in it. Put rice in it and let it cook.
3. When cooked (3/4th prepared), drain the rice and set it aside.
4. In the meantime, soak saffron strands in 2 tsp milk and mix it to make a paste.
5. Heat ghee in a large pan and put all the spices in it except saffron. Allow it to sizzle a bit.
6. Now, add sugar and 1/3 cup of water in it and stir well.
7. Put all the dry fruits in it and stir well again.
8. Now, add cooked rice in it along with saffron liquid and mix it carefully.
9. Cover it and let it cook for an hour.
10. When cooked, mix it gently to separate the rice grains and serve warm.