Recipe for Methi Matar Malai
Need a Methi Matar Malai Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Methi Matar Malai Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Methi Matar Malai recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Methi Matar Malai recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Methi Matar Malai Recipe:
Methi Matar Malai
Fenugreek leaves (methi) – 2 medium sized bundle
Green peas – 3/4 cup
Onion – 1 large
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
Garlic – 5-6 cloves
Oil – 4 tablespoons
Red chilli paste – 1 teaspoon
Dry mango powder (amchur) – 1/2 teaspoon
Cinnamon powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Fresh cream – 1/2 cup
1. Clean, wash and chop methi leaves.
2. Wash and drain green peas.
3. Peel, wash and chop onions.
4. Peel, wash and grind ginger and garlic to a fine paste.
5. Blanch the methi leaves in the boiling water and refresh with the cold running water.
6. Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped onions and cook till they are translucent.
7. Add the methi leaves and sauté.
8. Add ginger and garlic paste and continue to sauté for a minute more.
9. Add red chilli powder and green peas. Cook for three to four minutes.
10. Add amchur, cinnamon powder and salt. Mix well. Cook for two to three minutes.
11. Finish with cream and serve.