Need a Meen Vevichathu Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Meen Vevichathu Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Meen Vevichathu recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Meen Vevichathu recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Meen Vevichathu Recipe:
1/2 kg fish cut into pieces (Kingfish, pomfret or any fleshy fish)
2 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
A few curry leaves
1 onion, chopped
2 1/2 cm ginger, shredded
7 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tbsp Kashmiri chilly powder or (according to your taste)
2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 pinches fenugreek powder
3 or 4 pieces tamarind (koddam puli) soaked in water
1 cup water
1/2 tsp coconut oil
1. Cut and clean the fish. Heat oil in a frying pan and fry mustard.
2. Then add curry leaves, chopped onion, ginger and garlic fry it for 2-3 minutes.
3. Put in the chilly powder, coriander powder, and turmeric powder.
3. Fry all this well.
4. Now add the fenugreek powder and the softened tamarind.
5. Pour in the water. Then add salt. After it boil add the fish.
6. Let it simmer until the gravy thickens and the fish is tender.
7. Lastly sprinkle the coconut oil, and leave it on the gas for a minute. Serve it with plain white rice.