Need a Meen Muringakka Curry Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Meen Muringakka Curry Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Meen Muringakka Curry recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Meen Muringakka Curry recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Meen Muringakka Curry Recipe:
Meen Muringakka Curry
3 sardines (You can also use sear fish)
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 grated coconut
2 tsp chopped garlic
1 tsp chilli powder
1 small ball tamarind
For the Preparation:
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
1 sliced onion
1 tsp chopped ginger
2 sliced green chillies
5-6 curry leaves
1 cup water
6 piece drumsticks (1 drumstick cut into 2 ” pieces)
Salt to taste
1 tsp coconut oil
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
1 whole red chilli
1. Marinate the sardines in salt and turmeric powder for 1/2 hour.
2. Grind coconut, garlic, chilli powder and tamarind to a fine paste.
3. Heat oil in pan and crackle fenugreek seeds.
4. Add onions, chopped ginger, green chillies and curry leaves.
5. Saute till onions turn brown. Add paste. Add water and drumsticks. Cook drumsticks till done.
6. Add salt. Add marinated fish. Cook for 5 minutes.
7. Temper with coconut oil, mustard seeds, shallots and an intact red chilli.
8. Serve hot with rice.