Need a Medu Vada Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Medu Vada Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Medu Vada recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Medu Vada recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Medu Vada Recipe:
1 cup urad dal (split black lentils)
3 green chillies , roughly chopped
3 to 4 peppercorns (kalimirch)
8 to 10 curry leaves (kadi patta)
1 tsp ginger (adrak)
salt to taste
coconut oil or any other refined for deep-frying
fried coconut chutney for serving
sambhar for serving
1. Clean, wash and soak the urad dal in enough water for atleast 2 hours.
2. Drain, add the green chillies, pepper, curry leaves and ginger and blend in a mixer to a smooth batter, adding little water.
3. Add the salt and mix well and divide the mixture into 8 equal portions. Keep aside.
4. Wet your hand.
5. Take a portion of the mixture in your hand.
6. Make a hole in the centre with your thumb.
7. Heat oil in a kadhai, upturn your hand and drop the wada in oil.
8. Deep fry the wada till both sides turn golden brown in colour.
9. Repeat with the remaining batter to make 7 more medu wadas.
10. Drain on absorbent paper. Serve hot with fried coconut chutney and sambhar.