Recipe for Meat Durbari
Need a Meat Durbari Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Meat Durbari Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Meat Durbari recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Meat Durbari recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Meat Durbari Recipe:
1 kg Lamb meat
2 medium size Onion – shredded or finely chopped,
1 tbsp Shredded ginger
1 tbsp Garlic cloves minced
1 Tomato- shredded
1 tbsp Tomato puree
2 tbsp White wine vinegar (can use any vinegar)
2 tbsp Ghee or oil
Salt to taste
Ingredients for the marination of meat – ( paste )
2 tbsp Poppy seeds
1 tbsp Rai or mustard seeds
1 tbsp Sesame seeds
2 Bay leaves
2 Cinnamon stick
2 Big Cardamom
10 Black pepper
2 – 4 Dry red chilli
1. Soak poppy seeds and rai seeds in a small bowl of water for an hour .
2. The seeds become soft and it is easy to grind them.
3. Grind all the dry ingredients first- sesame seeds,cloves ,bay leaves,cinnamon,cardamom,pepper corns and red chilli for few seconds ,then add poppy seeds and rai seeds with the soaked water .
4. Run the blender till you get a smooth paste.
5. Wash the lamb meat and drain the excess water .
6. Take a bowl and put the meat in it and add the paste.
7. Mix and evenly coat it.
8. Cover with a cling film and put it in the fridge to marinate overnight or 4 to 6 hrs.
9. Heat ghee or oil in a deep pan.
10. Add the shredded onion and ginger.
11. Stir fry till the onions are soft and translucent.
12. Add the minced garlic and fry for 2 to 3 minutes stirring constantly.
13. Add the marinated meat and cook till the meat is brown and the sides leave oil ( 15 minutes ).
14. Add salt and vinegar as the meat is drying up.
15. When the meat leaves oil add 750 ml of warm water.
16. You can add less water if you do not want a gravy.
17. As the gravy comes to boil ,lower the heat and put a lid on .
18. Let it cook for 30 minutes in low heat.
19. After 30 minutes ,stir once and then add the tomato puree and green chillies.
20. Check the tenderness of the meat and salt.
21. Cover and let it cook for 10 to 15 minutes depending upon the tenderness of the meat.
22. Close gas once the meat is cooked.
23. Let it stay for 5 minutes in the pan.
24. Sprinkle green corinader leaves when serving.