Recipe for Matar Kachori
Need a Matar Kachori Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Matar Kachori Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Matar Kachori recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Matar Kachori recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Matar Kachori Recipe:
For the pastry:
1 cup all purpose flour/maida (you can also use whole wheat flour or both the flours in 50:50 amount)
1 tbsp oil or ghee ((i used sunflower oil)
¼ cup warm water
¼ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
For the stuffing:
1 cup peas, fresh or frozen
¼ tsp red chili powder/lal mirch
¼ tsp turmeric powder/haldi
½ tsp coriander powder/dhania powder
½ tsp fennel powder/saunf pwder
½ tsp chaat masala
½ tsp amchur powder/dry mango powder
½ tsp green chili-ginger paste or crushed or minced (use about ¼ inch of ginger and ½ or 1 green chili and crush in a mortar & pestle)
¼ tsp cumin/jeera
1 tbsp besan or gram flour
2 tsp oil or ghee
salt as required
2 to 3 cups oil
Preparing the pastry:
1. Sift the flour, salt and baking powder. add oil and form a bread crumb like mixture.
2. Add water and form a tight dough. cover with a damp cloth and keep aside.
Preparing the pea stuffing:
1. Boil or steam the peas. mash them coarsely or semi-coarsely.
2. Heat oil and fry the cumin. then add the crushed ginger and green chili.
3. Fry for a minute. now add the dry spice powders and salt.
4. Stir and add the gram flour. saute for 2-3 minutes.
5. Check the seasoning and add some more of the spice powders or salt, if required.
Preparing the kachoris:
1. Make equal sized 5-6 balls from the dough. roll into 3-4 inch round on a dusted board.
2. Add some of the stuffing in the center. brush some water on the edges.
3. Bring together all the edges and pinch them. press the edges downwards below.
4. Roll into a 4-5 inches kachori. prepare all matar kachoris like these. keep the kachoris covered with a wet cloth.
5. Now heat oil. at medium flame, fry the kachoris till they become golden, flaky and crisp.
6. Serve matar kachori hot with some coriander chutney or tamarind chutney.