Recipe for Malvani Masala
Need a Malvani Masala Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Malvani Masala Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Malvani Masala recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Malvani Masala recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Malvani Masala Recipe:
For The Malvani Paste
10 whole dry kashmiri red chillies , broken into pieces
2 tsp whole coriander (dhania) seeds
4 to 5 cloves (laung / lavang)
1/2 tsp black peppercorns (kalimirch)
1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1/2 tsp caraway seeds (shahjeera)
4 to 5 cardamoms
2 to 3 black cardamom (badi elaichi)
1 tbsp grated dry coconut (kopra)
1 tsp poppy seeds (khus-khus)
2 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
2 star anise (chakri phool)
25 mm (1”) piece cinnamon (dalchini)
2 tbsp oil
3/4 cup finely chopped onions
For the malvani paste
1. Heat a broad non-stick pan and dry roast the red chillies for a minute. Keep aside.
2. In the same pan, dry roast the remaining ingredients for a minute or till they release aroma. Keep aside to cool.
3. Combine all the ingredients and blend in a mixer till smooth using ½ cup of water. Keep aside.
How to proceed
1. Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Add the prepared malvani paste, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
3. Add ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
4. Use as required.
1. Use this gravy on the same day to make recipes of your choice. If you wish to store it in the deep-freezer for a few weeks, cool the gravy completely, pour in food-grade zip lock bags or air-tight containers and store under refrigerated conditions.
2. While making the subzi using the stored gravy, thaw and use it as per the recipe.