Need a Malvani Fish Curry Recipe? Here it is.
India is a land of diversities, which is well portrayed in its culture and cuisine. A land where taste changes at every 100 kms. Hence, it has a wide spectrum of food. Here we bring you an authentic Malvani Fish Curry Recipe from India that’s not only quick but, can be easily made at home. The Malvani Fish Curry recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Malvani Fish Curry recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal.
Here is the Authentic Malvani Fish Curry Recipe:
Malvani Fish Curry
2 tbsp Oil
1 tspMustard Seeds
1 Onion (large)
1 tbsp Malvani Masala Powder
1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
Salt To Taste
To Marinate Fish
1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
1 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tbsp Lemon Juice
5 tbsp Grated Coconut
6Dry Red Chilli –
4 Petals of Kokum or 1 tsp of tamarind paste
1/2 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
1. Wash and marinate fish with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp turmeric powder for 10 minutes. Rinse 3-4 times and marinate with remaining ingredients until fish required to use or for 15 more minutes.
2. Soak kokum in 1/2 cup hot water for 10 minutes.
3. Grind all the ingredients ‘to grind’ into fine paste, use kokum soaked water to grind.
4. Finely chop onion and keep aside.
5. In a pan heat oil, add mustard seeds and allow to splutter, add onion and saute until soft.
6. Add masala paste and saute until oil floats on top around 10 minutes in medium to slow flame.
7. While masala gets cooked, in a pan or tawa grizzle 1 tsp oil and fry fish pieces both sides until light brown around 5 minutes each side on slow to medium flame. [this is optional step]
8. Once oil starts to floats on top, add 2 cups of water in masala, salt and bring it to good boil.
9. Now add fish pieces, malvani masala and simmer for 10 minutes.
10. Add coconut milk, adjust salt if required and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until oil floats on top.
11. Serve hot with Rice, chapati or Bhakri.